Lisa McCord, MS, RN, LSN
The school nurse maintains health records on pupils, which includes immunizations as required by state law. First aid or emergency treatment will be handled by the school nurse when she is in the district/school building. Other school personnel are designated to perform emergency treatment and medication administration when the nurse is not present. Ill or injured students are to report to the secretary or office in their building. In the event of a serious accident, the school will notify the parent/guardian and continue to care for the student.
Screenings for the control and prevention of communicable diseases, vision, and hearing, and postural screening are also offered through the school year. Students with communicable diseases will be handled following guidelines established by the Miami County Department of Health. Head lice screenings are provided as well as promoting health education and support in the classrooms.
- Vision screening is provided to students in K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and as well as students new to our district.
- Hearing screening is provided to students in K, 1, 3, 5, 9, 11 and as well as new students to our district.
- Good hearing and vision are vital to school success throughout their school experience.
- Screenings may identify only some problems that our students may have. If your child has been referred for an exam for a failed screening you will receive notification via mail. Please make an appointment as soon as possible to have your child evaluated.
- If you have any questions about your child's screenings or need any assistance in making an appointment, please contact the school nurse.
View the Surgeon General's Advisory on E-Cigarette Use Among Youth