We are now accepting kindergarten enrollments for the 2021-22 school year. Please follow the instructions below for students who will be five years old prior to August 1, 2021. The process is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
STEP ONE - Complete the Online Registration Forms
After reading all instructions below, complete the online enrollment forms by clicking on the Enroll Online button at bottom of this page. Completion of the kindergarten online enrollment forms will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
How to Complete the Online Enrollment
- When you click the Enroll Online button below, you will first be taken to a page that has options for a parent to create an account or use an existing Covington Schools FinalForms account. Creating an account allows you to
- complete the online registration process
- print registration form history
- save and return to the online registration in process (you do not have to complete the registration in one sitting)
- allow access to update information in the registration forms if it should change in the future.
- Once you have created an account, you will be taken to the online forms. Follow the instructions and complete the forms.
- The process will conclude with a message that the elementary school secretary will contact you to schedule an enrollment appointment.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you can visit the J. R. Clarke Public Library of Covington and use their computers, or contact the Covington Elementary office, 937-667-2252, and schedule an appointment to complete your student's FinalForms. All Online Registration forms MUST be completed before a student may attend Covington Exempted Village Schools.
STEP TWO - Visit Us for a Documentation Appointment
Completion of the online registration forms notifies the school office to contact you regarding a documentation appointment. Mrs. Benson, elementary school secretary, will reach out to you using the contact information provided in the Online Registration forms. The appointment (15 minutes) is used to collect the required documents, and are held at Covington Elementary. Parents should bring/provide the following items to the Covington Elementary School office for their scheduled appointment:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Drivers License for Identification
- All special education/504 documents
- Immunization records
- Proof of Residence (lease or deed)
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
STEP THREE - Complete a Kindergarten Screening
Once you have completed your online registration and the elementary office has the documentation listed above, then your child will need to attend a Kindergarten screening on June 2 or 3. We will send out information on how to sign up for kindergarten screening through our website at a later date. Please note: a parent or legal guardian must be present during the kindergarten screening process.