Kindergarten Registration 2024
We are now accepting kindergarten enrollments for the 2024-25 school year. Please follow the instructions below for students who will be five years old prior to August 1, 2024. The process is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
STEP ONE - COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS
After reading all instructions below, complete the online enrollment forms by clicking on the Enroll Online button at bottom of this page. Completion of the kindergarten online enrollment forms will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE ENROLLMENT
- When you click the Enroll Online button below, you will first be taken to a page that has options for a parent to create an account or use an existing Covington Schools FinalForms account. Creating an account allows you to
- complete the online registration process
- print registration form history
- save and return to the online registration in-process (you do not have to complete the registration in one sitting)
- allow access to update information in the registration forms if it should change in the future.
- Once you have created an account, you will be taken to the online forms. Follow the instructions and complete the forms.
- The process will conclude with a message that the elementary school secretary will contact you to schedule an enrollment appointment. For our future kindergarteners, the enrollment appointment is handled through the Kindergarten screening process below.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you can visit the J. R. Clarke Public Library of Covington and use their computers, or contact the Covington Elementary office at 937-473-2252 and schedule an appointment to complete your student's FinalForms. All Online Registration forms MUST be completed before a student may attend Covington Exempted Village Schools.
STEP TWO - SCHEDULE A KINDERGARTEN SCREENING
After you have completed all of the FinalForms for enrollment, watch for an email from us to schedule your kindergarten screening time slot! The screenings are 90 minutes long and will take place on Wednesday, April 24, and Thursday, April 25 at Covington Elementary School. While future kindergarteners are meeting teachers and doing screening activities, their parents will have brief meetings with the school office staff to collect necessary paperwork.
STEP THREE - COMPLETE A KINDERGARTEN SCREENING
When the time for your screening appointment arrives, future kindergarteners and parents should enter Covington Elementary School through the main entrance near the school office (Door 1). We will be there to greet you and help get your child off to a great start! Please note: a parent or legal guardian must be present during the kindergarten screening process.
While your future kindergartener is participating in the screening, the school office staff will meet with you to collect the required documents. Parents should bring/provide the following items at their scheduled screening time:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Drivers License for Identification
- All special education/504 documents
- Immunization records
- Proof of Residence (utility bill, lease, or deed)
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
Final results from your child's screening will be shared with parents before you leave the screening appointment that day.